Saturday, February 16, 2013

Obedience


How can one word cause such and upheaval… because being obedient to the Lord can and does turn your life upside down.   I can look back at points in my life and see things that I did that some people did not understand and that the world called foolish.  But I can say that those moments of following as the Lord is prompting/calling/directing and leading have been some of the sweetest moments with Him.

I had a student minister say once, if you have an obedience problem, you have a love problem, I cannot tell you how many times that statement has come to my mind and heart as I pray through things… because if I choose to be willingly disobedient I obviously love myself more than I love the Lord.  I know this isn’t just a battle that I face.  We are wired to worship something, and I think most of us far too often decide to worship ourselves or something we can control. We want to know that our worship, love and obedience will benefit us.  We wrongly want to share in God’s glory. We reach out and try to take His glory and heap it onto ourselves.  We take things that are good and make them evil by failing to submit them to the Lord.  I believe the only way to avoid this from happening is to daily surrender to Christ.  To lay ourselves down on the altar of sacrifice and let Him lead in every aspect of our lives.

It is with all of that said, that I have some news to share.  I am headed back home.  The Lord has made it very clear to me that I am to return home.  I wish I could tell you all why, or what exactly the future holds, but all I can say is that I know God is Faithful.  I know that He has a path for me to walk on and ministry to do at home.   I also know that as I walk in obedience God will be right there with me. 

The past six months have been incredible.  They have been hard and the Lord has pulled and stretched me in ways that I did not know where possible.  I have learned things about myself and more importantly I believe I have learned more about Him.  So even though there have been some excruciating moments… I would not trade them for anything.  I have seen the Lord and He is good.

I plan to share more of what God has been teaching me, but I know that I needed to share my update first.  I want to take a second to thank everyone that has prayed and supported me… I know that this would not have been possible without your intercession. 

I look forward to seeing you and sharing in person what our GREAT God is doing,

By Grace
sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I look forward to seeing you and hearing more of what the Lord has done and His next chapter in your life.

    ReplyDelete