Monday, July 23, 2012

Whats With the Name?

Hello friends, family and random Internet people!   Thanks for taking a few minutes to read my first blog post!  I am a little intimidated by this whole idea... so please forgive me if this comes off as random ramblings, or just a lot of fragmented thoughts. 

The plan is to use this as a means to keep everyone updated on my crazy adventure... we will see how that goes, but for now lets talk about the name In Search of Aslan's Country....

I have always loved "The Chronicles of Narnia" the idea of a magic place, epic adventure and the excitement of seeing Aslan, the high king of Narnia, are just a few of the many reasons why.  As a believer, my soul gets excited reading certain passages: The creation of Narnia, Edmund's redemption, Eustace's transformation and my favorite few sentences from the entire series...

"Of course he knew none of the true stories of Aslan, the great Lion, the son of the Emperor-over-the-Sea, the king above all, High King of Narnia.  But after one glance at the Lion's face he slipped out of the saddled and fell at its feet.  He couldn't say anything, and he knew he needn't say anything."
 The Horse and His Boy

I still remember the moment I meet and fell in love with Jesus, and I feel like this passage reflects it perfectly.  I know that no words can ever really express what happened to me that day, but I do know that I was changed forever. I do know that my life is no longer my own, and it is with that knowledge that I start this next adventure in my life.  

Throughout the Gospels we learn that Jesus came that we might have a more abundant life, and that the kingdom of God is at hand... Aslan's country can be realized in part on this broken little ball we call earth. That is why I am going to SE Asia to help tell others stories of the true Aslan, and to help usher in the Kingdom of God into being for people that know nothing of the one true Aslan.    

"Because, this is a very great adventure, and no danger seems to me so great as that of knowing when I get back to Narnia that I left a mystery behind me through fear" 
Reepicheep, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 


by grace and with much love
sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment